Sunday, April 8, 2012

Religion

Seeings as Grace did a post on religion (http://ninja-of-music.blogspot.com/2012/04/i-shouldnt-be-doing-this.html) I thought that I would do one to.

First of all, I agree with Grace that the quote on Christianity was disrespectful. And im not just saying that because I am Christian.

Second of all. I am Anglican but I would like to clear a few things up. 


1. I believe in evolution
2. I do not believe that being gay is wrong
3. I do not see evil in Harry Potter, the Tooth Fairy or the Easter Bunny
4. My aim in life is not to go out and convert everyone to Christianity
5. I do believe in contraception 
6. I do believe and accept in divorce 


The fifth only really applies to Catholics. Im not sure why but they do not believe in contraception.


The sixth I believe is okay under the terms that you dont get divorced and re-married 10 billion times. I feel that if a marriage isnt working out then you shouldnt stay married just because the Church doesnt accept it. 


The reason I dont set out to convert everyone to Christianity is because 
a) Not everyone is Christian. There are other religions out there you know.
b) People choose not to believe and im not going to try and change that because 9 times out of 10 that person will just end up hating you. Not many people like "Bible Bashers". 
To tell the truth, people who are waving Faith in my face the whole time irritate me. I believe in God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and you should not question other's faiths. 


As for the 2nd one, I think that being gay is a personal choice and who am I to judge


I agree with Grace. this is a very controversial topic and if I have offended anyone, I am sorry.  


No comments:

Post a Comment